how to turn off alert sound?

Forums for specific tips, techniques and example code
Jay

how to turn off alert sound?

Postby Jay » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:02 pm

It seems like the application is working smoothly but alert sound is heard when I click some buttons. It happens just one time when I click the button from the main menu. And if I comeback to the menu and click other buttons, it is not heard. Where can I check the alarm log files ? or is there any way to mute the alarm in the Jadescript code?
Thank you.

JohnP

Re: how to turn off alert sound?

Postby JohnP » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:07 am

You mean the sound like when you compile a method with a syntax error? That usually means you are trying to do something wrong. Unless, of course, your code has app.beep or global.beep.

BeeJay

Postby BeeJay » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:21 pm

... or maybe he's referring to the 'chime' sound you'll also hear if you have say a modal form displayed, including via app.msgBox, and then you try to click on another form in that application?

Jay

Postby Jay » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:51 pm

You mean the sound like when you compile a method with a syntax error? That usually means you are trying to do something wrong. Unless, of course, your code has app.beep or global.beep.
Yeah the same sound when I have compile error. I guess I put somewhere. There is no problem in running the application by the way. I feel like it is related to the transaction state and I committed transaction when process is in transaction state.

I should error handling for this I guess. but I still don't understand why it is still in transaction state as most of code I put in the form is loop and it's supposed to be finished in milliseconds.

Thank you. I will figure out further.

Return to “Tips and Techniques”