Extracting changes to interfaces

The use of specific JADE features and proposals for new feature suggestions
mike.day

Extracting changes to interfaces

Postby mike.day » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Every time I add a new method to an existing interface, the implemented classes also need to be extracted. It would be good when extracting the interface from a schema extract, that the methods on the implemented classes were also included. Is there currently an alternative?

BeeJay

Re: Extracting changes to interfaces

Postby BeeJay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:55 am

I'm not aware of any alternatives. It also gets more complicated because the implementor(s) could be in a subSchema or, for an interface included in a package, in a completely unrelated schema to the schema where the interface is defined.

Cheers,
BeeJay.

mike.day

Postby mike.day » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:23 am

Maybe their should be an option on the schema extract to select and extract the interface methods on each implemented class. This could be done for each schema that the interface is imported or inherited on.
I just don't like having to extract the whole class each time I add a new method to an interface. Especially if it's only for a hotfix.

mike.day

Postby mike.day » Mon May 21, 2018 8:43 am

Doing a changes extract, extracts just the new method and implementations. This saves having to extract each class that the method is implemented on.

Return to “Feature Discussions”