ye olde newgroups

For help on using the forums and feature requests for this site
MaxRefactor

ye olde newgroups

Postby MaxRefactor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Having the existing newsgroup threads at news.jadeworld.com transferred to this new forum would be useful, so that the wealth of existing knowledge therein, remains available and searchable.
What do others think?
Max

jadeloveslave

Re: ye olde newgroups

Postby jadeloveslave » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:30 am

Absolutely, good idea. :)

JLS

javaguy

Postby javaguy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 am

A port of the old newsgroups to this forum is IN PROGRESS.
Stay tuned...
:-)

BeeJay

Postby BeeJay » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:58 am

The old NNTP Newsgroup postings have now been migrated to these new forums.

If anyone spots a problem with any of the converted threads, or the quoting therein, please post a reply to this topic with the details of the problem and a link to the topic in question so it can be fixed.

Cheers,
BeeJay.

GRAPL

Postby GRAPL » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:17 am

Would it be possible to display the original post date of the posts converted from the old user groups?
I was a fairly regular dipper-inner of the old user group forum, and would prefer not to have to open every item only to discover it was posted in 2004!

BeeJay

Postby BeeJay » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 am

I've asked the Forum Administrator if there is any way for us to change the effective posting date.

In the interim, they were converted from oldest to newest so that the most recent postings from the old Newsgroups are at the top of the list on the new Forums. I also put a "bump" posting into the few existing postings that were put onto the new forum prior to the conversion process being actioned to bring them back to the top of the list on the new Forums.

I suggest you do the same as I did and mark the Forums as all read so that you will then know via the alternate "Red" Icons when a new posting has been made.

Cheers,
BeeJay.

Return to “Forum Feedback and Help”