RSS Feed

For help on using the forums and feature requests for this site
bdoolan

RSS Feed

Postby bdoolan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to set up an RSS Feed for new and updated posts on this forum?

Thanks, Brendan

allistar

Re: RSS Feed

Postby allistar » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:51 am

There are a few RSS modification options (http://www.phpbb.com/search/?q=RSS) available for phpBB.

bdoolan

Postby bdoolan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:44 am

Sounds good. I for one would appreciate this being set up. Anyone else? Any of the administrators happy to apply one of the MODs?

benw

Postby benw » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:22 am

RSS Feeds will be available soon once the site is upgraded to 3.0.6. It shouldn't be too long now before phpbb 3.0.6 is released.

Regards
Ben

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:37 am

RSS feeds are available now. The main feed is https://forums.jadeworld.com/feed.php but there are feeds for each forum and each topic too. To obtain the URL for a feed, navigate to a forum or topic then click on the feed icon in your browser's address bar. This should show a list of available feeds and their URLs.
Jade Forums Admin

Dino

Postby Dino » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:11 am

Great! :D

GerardO'Brien

RSS Feed Issues

Postby GerardO'Brien » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:54 am

Hello.

I use thunderbird (currently at version 3.0.6) and have for a while had https://forums.jadeworld.com/feed.php configured.

I notice that fairly often the original post in the forum never appears in the feed. Is anyone else seeing this?

I have attached an image of what thunderbird shows me. You will notice that in some cases the original messages for threads are missing.

For example,
Tips and Techniques • Re: Is it possible to make a calculator using JADE?
jade_forums_rss_feed_issue.jpg
jade_forums_rss_feed_issue.jpg (171.21 KiB) Viewed 9316 times

murray

Re: RSS Feed Issues

Postby murray » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:49 am

Hello.
I use thunderbird (currently at version 3.0.6) and have for a while had https://forums.jadeworld.com/feed.php configured.
I notice that fairly often the original post in the forum never appears in the feed. Is anyone else seeing this?
I have attached an image of what thunderbird shows me. You will notice that in some cases the original messages for threads are missing.
I saw something similar last night, that I think I have seen before. I use the Lifrea aggregator (after giving up on Thunderbird due to subscribing problems). I had posted a reply to the forum. By the time I had posted it and reviewed it another user had posted a subsequent reply. When I went to Lifrea the later post showed in the list (as unread) but mine was not there at all. I'm pretty sure it's happened before. However, I think (but am not sure) that the OP was there. I wasn't that bothered as I mainly just use the RSS as a "notification" to tell me when there's been some new activity.
Murray (N.Z.)

BeeJay

Postby BeeJay » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:55 am

Interestingly I use the "spam my Inbox" technique to know when there have been updates and these always seem to arrive - well for the 1st new posting into a given forum after which you get no more notifications until you've visited the forums. I've now configured up an RSS feed in Outlook and will let you know if I see the same behaviour or not with Outlook.

Cheers,
BeeJay.

bdoolan

Postby bdoolan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:33 pm

I use Google Reader and have the same problem. The first post in a new thread isn't delivered (can't confirm, but I think this ALWAYS happens) but subsequent posts on that thread are.

Cheers, Brendan

Return to “Forum Feedback and Help”