JadeAuditAccess - How can I retrieve Array Attributes from the Journals

For questions and postings not covered by the other forums
dlightfoot

JadeAuditAccess - How can I retrieve Array Attributes from the Journals

Postby dlightfoot » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:12 pm

When traversing through Journals, I have been unable to retrieve any Object Attributes that are a type of Array, such as StringArray.
They show as ** not initialised **
JadeAuditAccess.getChangedPropertyNames() also excludes Array attributes.
No other Journal record types are generated within the journal transaction, such as JAA_Object_Blob or JAA_Object_Collection
Could Array attributes be excluded from generating into my journals for any reason?

If anyone has an idea of how to retrieve array values, I'd be really keen to hear.
Thanks in advance :)

GerardO'Brien

Re: JadeAuditAccess - How can I retrieve Array Attributes from the Journals

Postby GerardO'Brien » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:54 am

I'll have a crack at it.

In JADE 2018 the ability to identify OIDs added to or removed from a collection block update record was added. Information could be retrieved for collections of Set, ObjectArray, and MemberKeyDictionary classes and their subclasses.

These collection block types contain entries with a specific layout that the analysis code could process without the assistance of the collection management code in the Jade Object Manager. Notably, these classes have an OID and a key of length 0 through n bytes. The presence or absence of an OID signaled a change.

As far as I am aware this capability has not been extended to analyze collection blocks containing other content.

Return to “General Discussion”