SDS on singleUser appserver

For questions and postings not covered by the other forums
bdoolan

SDS on singleUser appserver

Postby bdoolan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 am

Hi,
More a question for the Jade Plant but in Jade 6.3, SDS didn't work with singleUser appServer configuration. The configuration had to be jadrap and jadapp.

The Jade 7 improvements in number of processes which can reasonably connect to an appServer may make singleUser appServer a preferred configuration in a number of installations. It certainly would for me. The performance improvements are very significant.

Will Jade 7.0 or a future Jade 7 release support SDS in singleUser appServer?

Thanks, Brendan

Jade Support

Re: SDS on singleUser appserver

Postby Jade Support » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Hello,

I'm afraid the answer is no. There are no plans to implement support for SDS on singleuser application servers. Given the scope of requirements this is unlikely to be considered for future implementation.

Note, some additional performance gains in JADE 7.0 (vs. 6.3) can be acquired via the use of the new HPSM transport between client and server. This, along with the other database and kernel changes in the 7.0 product, means that the overall 7.0 performance of a co-resident client-server configuration is significantly improved over 6.3.

Regards,
Jade Support
Jade Software Corporation Ltd

Email: jadesupport@jadeworld.com
Web: http://www.jadeworld.com

Jade Software – complex business problems solved beautifully.

bdoolan

Postby bdoolan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reponse. I thought this might be the case.

I already use JadeLocal as a transport between jadrap and jadapp in 6.3. Is HPSM a significant improvement over JadeLocal, not just TcpIp?

Thanks again,
Brendan

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:40 pm

To clarify JADE Supports response. HPSM , JadeLocal and TcpIp have all received attention in the JADE 7 release so you should see benefits from all transports.

In terms of HPSM vs JadeLocal. HPSM will be the most suitable transport when you have a significant number of nodes which have high traffic volumes. In a low number of nodes scenario with low traffic volumes, JadeLocal may be more suitable. Its like comparing a fast bus, with a slightly faster mini van. It depends on how many things you have to transport and how far you have to go.

As a rule of thumb use HPSM if unsure or if you cant load test your scenario.

Return to “General Discussion”