finding out how much memory JADE is using

For questions and postings not covered by the other forums
ghosttie

finding out how much memory JADE is using

Postby ghosttie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:02 am

Do I just call node.getObjectCaches and subtract availableBufferSize from maximumBufferSize? Or is there more to it than that?
I have a catapult. Give me all the money or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Matthew

Re: finding out how much memory JADE is using

Postby Matthew » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:20 pm

Its a little more complicated than that. Can you explain a little further about what memory metric you are interested in, perhaps you could explain why you are trying to do this ?. You answer to this will help determine how you should go about it.

Matthew

ghosttie

Postby ghosttie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 pm

I'm trying to work around a memory leak in a 3rd party ActiveX control, and it's hard to tell whether an increase in memory used by the JADE process is because of the leak or normal JADE memory usage.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:35 am

Given you are trying to ascertain what is using memory in the Windows process, I would suggest that you take a process dump of the executable in question after the process has been running for some time, or when the memory usage is at a comparatively high point. Depending on the operating system this may be as simple as right clicking in task manager.

Then if you download and install DebugDiag from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=26798. Once this is installed you should be able to right click the dump file created earlier in Windows Explorer and click analyse memory issue. This will generate a report which will automatically open in Internet Explorer.

This may give you some clues into what is using the memory. If you have reason to suspect its a JADE issue, then open a contact with JADE Support attaching the memory dump taken earlier in the process.

Return to “General Discussion”