WebBrowser replacement

Discussions about design and architecture principles, including native JADE systems and JADE interoperating with other technologies
alanvl

WebBrowser replacement

Postby alanvl » Wed May 20, 2020 4:13 pm

We are currently using a WebBrowser control on one of our forms.

Unfortunately, it is using an interface to an older version of IE, and some of the web site functions now available don’t appear to be supported, so, it is time to upgrade.

We have investigated options and come up with WebView (Edge based) and EO.WebBrowser (uses the same core Google's Chrome).

The issue we are having is that we don’t know how to implement these in Native Jade (or if indeed they can be).

We imported the packages into Visual Studio with the misconception that this my make them visible to the Jade External Component Import process – it didn’t.

Has anyone successfully used either of these in Jade AND / OR can anyone advise, in “dummies” guide language, how we may get either of these into our Jade System for use on our Jade form.

Any help greatly appreciated.

ghosttie

Re: WebBrowser replacement

Postby ghosttie » Wed May 20, 2020 11:52 pm

In order to be used in JADE you'll need an ActiveX or .NET control.

If the packages don't come with either of those then you'll have to make your own. Nowadays it's probably easier to create a .NET control than an ActiveX one.

Create a new .NET control project, import the WebView package, expose the methods and properties you're going to want to access from JADE, build the project, import the DLL that is created into JADE.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Return to “Design and Architecture”