Component to use external drag / drop

Discussions about design and architecture principles, including native JADE systems and JADE interoperating with other technologies
Emmanuel

Component to use external drag / drop

Postby Emmanuel » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Hello, I have written UI component in C# to handle external drag drop events. Ie the component can handle the drop event if you drag in a group of files from Windows Explorer, it also handles dropping in Outlook messages so that the contents of emails are available to my Jade system via drag/drop. I have imported the component to the IDE and painted it on a screen and it all works.

However, when I display the form that I have painted the component on, it immediately resets the font. Not only of the form, but of every form in the application, plus, weirdly, the IDE as well. So all of a sudden as soon as the form with the new component displays, my application and IDE environments suddenly have their fonts reset. This behavior does not occur if I use the component in my own C# windows test environment. Also, the component is simply an extension of the standard C# picture box with some custom code around drag drop events, there should be no interaction at all with fonts.

Am I doing something wrong here? Also, is this the best way to handle external D/D, the standard Jade controls only seem to be able to handle drag drop events within Jade applications, and do not respond to drag events originating outside Jade forms.

ghosttie

Re: Component to use external drag / drop

Postby ghosttie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:31 am

We had to do this too, I'm not aware of a way of doing it in native JADE code. I've never had your font reset problem though, so I can't help with that.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Emmanuel

Re: Component to use external drag / drop

Postby Emmanuel » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:24 pm

It looks like its screwing up font scaling. There are a number of options in Visual Studio around font scaling behavior but nothing I set it to makes a difference. The other thing I found is that its a Windows 10 thing! So this effect does not occur in Win7, haven't tried Win 8 yet.

Return to “Design and Architecture”