String colours - MsgBox etc.

Discussions about design and architecture principles, including native JADE systems and JADE interoperating with other technologies
George

String colours - MsgBox etc.

Postby George » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm quite new to JADE and was wanting to set the colour of strings - for example when I create a msgBox I want the text to be red depending on the type of message, also whether or not you can change the colour of the msgBox form itself. I know that you can do it easily in painter setting the properties etc but was wanting to find out if you can override msgBox. It seems like it should be a simple thing but I can't find a simple method of String to call or how to do it.

Cheers

BeeJay

Re: String colours - MsgBox etc.

Postby BeeJay » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:48 pm

You can't set the colour of the text on the message box.

You could reimplement the Application::msgBox method on your subclass of Application in your own view schema to display your own form instead of the default message box form if you want to control the overall look of the message box form. You'll need to write the appropriate code to handle the various flag settings to display the appropriate combination of buttons, icons, default button, etc.

Note: You can't override the number of parameters to Application::msgBox in your subschema though, so you'll have to work out a way to get any additional information you may need, such as text colour, into the existing parameters.

Cheers,
BeeJay.

Return to “Design and Architecture”